Selected Publications etc.
Data Science and Software Engineering in Computational Biomedicine
- Gopal P. Sarma, et al. “OpenWorm: overview and recent advances in integrative biological simulation of Caenorhabditis elegans.” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological Sciences 373.1758 (2018).[Journal]
- Gopal Sarma and Victor Faundez, “Integrative biological simulation praxis: Considerations from physics, philosophy, and data/model curation practices”, Cellular Logistics 7(4) (2017). [Journal]
- Gopal P. Sarma, “Doing Things Twice (Or Differently): Strategies to Identify Studies for Targeted Validation” (2017). [Preprint]
- Gopal P. Sarma, “Scientific Literature Text Mining and the Case for Open Access”, The Journal of Open Engineering (2017). [Journal]
- Gopal P. Sarma, Travis W. Jacobs, Mark D. Watts, S. Vahid Ghayoomie, Stephen D. Larson, and Rick C. Gerkin, “Unit Testing, Model Validation, and Biological Simulation”, F1000Research 5:1946 (2016). [Journal][Preprint]
Artificial Intelligence, AI Safety, and AI Governance
- Gopal P. Sarma, Adam Safron, and Nick J. Hay, “Integrative Biological Simulation, Neuropsychology, and AI Safety.” Proceedings of the AAAI Workshop on Artificial Intelligence Safety, co-located with the Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2019) [Proceedings][Preprint]
- Gopal P. Sarma, Nick J. Hay, and Adam Safron, “AI Safety and Reproducibility: Establishing Robust Foundations for the Neuropsychology of Human Values.” International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security, pp. 507-512 (2018) [Proceedings][Preprint]
- Gopal P. Sarma and Nick J. Hay, “Robust Computer Algebra, Theorem Proving, and Oracle AI”, Informatica 41(3) (2017). [Journal][Preprint]
- Gopal P. Sarma and Nick J. Hay, “Mammalian Value Systems”, Informatica 41(3) (2017). [Journal][Preprint]
- “Integrative Biological Simulation, Neuropsychology, and AI Safety.” DeepMind AGI Safety Luncheon @ NeurIPS. Montreal, 2018.
- “Building smart applications.” Panel discussion with developers from Wolfram Research and IBM Watson. RoboUniverse Conference & Expo. New York, 2015.
- “The importance of data curation.” Ontario Brain Institute Brain-CODE Workshop on Neuroinformatics. Toronto, 2014.